Occupational Health Service promoting musculoskeletal awareness throughout July
7 July 2011
The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy reports that one third of workers experience musculoskeletal pain at work at least once a week.
- Adjust your chair and workstation to ensure a suitable posture for the task
- Avoid prolonged static postures through regular task changes
- Use safe manual handling techniques
If you do have problems, the Occupational Health Service provides short-term physiotherapy for work relevant musculoskeletal problems.
To arrange an assessment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a referral form.
Keep Active by:
- Walking - take a hike at lunchtime; there are lots of interesting places to walk around the campus; or enter your postcode into the Walking for Health website for local walks
- Cycling - with Transport for London providing cycles for hire in London, you can go that bit further on your lunchtime explorations; or visit National Cycle Network to access over 25,000 miles of walking and cycling network across the UK, anytime anywhere
- Find a sport that's right for you - if you enjoy something, you are more likely to do it regularly
Angela Graneek, Head of Occupational Health Services, Human Resources