UCL scoops raft of Wellcome Image Awards
25 February 2011
UCL researchers have won nearly one-third of this year's Wellcome Image Awards, which recognise the creators of the most informative, striking and technically excellent images among recent acquisitions to Wellcome Images.
The UCL winners are:
- David Bishop (Medical School) for 'Laparoscopy surgery'
- Kara Cerveny (Zebrafish Lab in UCL Research Department of Cell and Developmental Biology) for 'Zebrafish retina' (shown to the right)
- Monica Folgueira (formerly Zebrafish Lab in UCL Research Department of Cell and Developmental Biology) for 'Cavefish embryo'
- Michael Häusser and Hermann Cuntz (UCL Neuroscience) for 'Pyramidal neurons'
- Freya Mowat (formerly Institute of Ophthalmology) for 'Mouse retina'
- Derren Ready (Eastman Dental Institute) for 'Periodontal bacteria'
The winning images are on display in Wellcome Collection until 10 July 2011.
Click on the player below to see a slideshow of the images. Select 'show info' for captions and winners' comments.