UCL top for postdocs
11 March 2010
Postdoctoral workers have ranked UCL as the top university
outside the USA in the 2010 Best Places to Work for Postdocs Survey, run by The Scientist.
In the following categories, UCL's rank among universities outside the USA was:
- Quality of Training & Mentoring - first place overall
- Quality of Communication - second place overall and first place in the UK
- Networking Opportunities - second place overall and first place in the UK
- Value of the Postdoc Experience - first place overall
- Funding - first place overall
- Equity - first place overall
- Remuneration & Compensation - third place overall and second place in the UK
- Benefits - second place overall
- Family & Personal Life - third place overall and second place in the UK.
Professor David Price, UCL Vice-Provost (Research), said: "A thriving research community is the basis of UCL's status as one of the world's leading research-intensive universities. UCL is intent on fostering a productive and rewarding environment for its early career researchers.
"Our postdocs have exposure to the leadership of global experts in their disciplines, as well as to a university-wide research programme that knits together the breadth of our expertise, in order to address the world's major problems. At UCL, postdocs can help us to address what we call the Grand Challenges, those of Global Health, Sustainable Cities, Intercultural Interaction and Human Wellbeing. It's a good place to prepare for leadership in their own discipline and beyond."
To find out more, use the links at the top of this article.