ESCILTA Grants 2008-9: call for applicants
29 October 2008
Applications for grants in this year's round of ESCILTA grants are now invited.
Individual grants are generally around £5,000, although more is available if a good case can be made. ESCILTA grants can be used to cover the costs of developing new approaches to teaching, although they do not cover the cost of new equipment. In previous years, examples of projects that have been funded include:
- developments using the internet, Web-CT and Moodle and wiki and blog technology for teaching purposes
- work on using UCL Museums and Collections holdings to develop teaching programmes
- materials digitisation projects
- work to develop distance learning and blended learning components within courses
- the production of new resources or collections of teaching materials for use by students.
ESCILTA particularly welcomes grant applications for projects that relate to UCL's institutional Teaching and Learning strategic priorities. In 2008-09, these include:
- global citizenship and leadership
- internationalisation of the curriculum
- interdisciplinary working
- key skills development
- object-based learning.
If you have any questions about the process, or if you would like to discuss your application before you submit it, please contact Clare Goudy in the office of Professor Michael Worton, Vice Provost (Academic & International); email email@example.com tel: +44 20 7679 0458.