UCL Fellows Inauguration 2007
12 June 2007
Staff and students are invited to attend the UCL Fellows Inauguration Ceremony and Reception on 20 June 2007.
Fellowships are awarded to individuals who have: attained distinction in the arts, literature, science or public life; rendered exceptional service to UCL; or had a close association to UCL.
The new UCL Fellows will be:
- Nica Burns (UCL Laws 1976), Chief Executive Nimax Theatres
- Rt Hon Terry Davis (UCL Laws 1960), Secretary General of the Council of Europe
- John Heywood (UCL Laws 1968), PriceWaterhouseCoopers Senior Partner Eastern Europe (since 1998) and Member of the PwC Global Leadership Board.
The new UCL Honorary Fellows will be:
Professor Leslie Aiello, President of the Wenner-Gren Foundation of Anthropological Research and UCL Emeritus Professor of Biological Anthropology
- Professor Uta Frith, UCL Emeritus Professor of Cognitive Development
- Dr Negley Harte, former Senior Lecturer in UCL History and co-author of 'The World of UCL 1828-2004'
- William Margulies, Founder of Ararat Publishing House in London
- Professor Chris Pitt, former Dean of UCL Engineering Sciences
- Professor Patrick Vallance, Senior Vice President & Head of Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, and former Head of the UCL Division of Medicine.
Places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. All guests must be seated in Cruciform Lecture Theatre 1 by 5.45pm. The ceremony will begin at 6pm, followed by a reception in the South Cloisters from 7-8pm.
Staff and students who wish to attend should contact Julide Tatlioglu firstname.lastname@example.org, UCL Corporate & Alumni Events: x 07675. Dress code is smart, while academic dress is optional; those who wish to hire an academic robe should also contact Julide.
Image: Professor Leslie Aiello