- Is it true that water goes down the plughole with the opposite spin in the Southern Hemisphere?
- How fast do waves move on the surface of water?
- How do aeroplanes fly?
With fluid mechanics, it is possible to give quantitative answers to such questions.
The Department of Mathematics at UCL has a strong history of fluid mechanics research. Famously, the department has been home to former UCL provost and eminent fluids researcher Sir James Lighthill, along with many other important academics.
- What can we do in fluids as undergraduates?
- The answers to fluids questions you always wanted to know
- Our fluids picks from YouTube
Thinking about a PhD? Find out:
- What are our current PhD students researching?
- Who are your possible supervisors?
- How might you fund your PhD?
For a little further down the line: