We don't have a date for this course yet. Please contact VISION programme team to register your interest.
This three-day course will equip you with the tools you need to drive innovation, entrepreneurship and global leadership in your organisation.
It’ll help you:
- hone your leadership qualities
- adapt your approach to business challenges with new strategic thinking
- enhance your performance and benefit your organisation
The course provides key leadership insights tailored for current and future leaders in the bioindustries through rigorous intellectual analysis and intensive, practical, peer-to-peer action-based learning.
This programme is run by the Department of Biochemical Engineering at UCL.
Who the course is for
This leadership course is designed specifically for those working in the bioindustry. It’s suitable for:
- managers and practitioners fast-tracked for executive roles or intending to move into leadership positions
- executives keen to interact with fellow leaders and expert speakers to debate and exchange novel thoughts and opinions
- funding agencies wanting to interact with present and future thought leaders to gain insights into the sector trends and skills required to navigate the changing bioindustry landscape
Course content and structure
The course involves:
- talks by guest speakers
- case study breakout sessions
- panel discussions with experts
Previous expert speakers include:
- Barry Buckland, CEO, BiologicB
- Daniella Kranjac, Co-Founder and MD, DYNAMK Capital
- Vicki Salmon, Director, The IP Asset Partnership
- Rahul Singhvi, COO, Takeda Vaccines
- Alain Pralong, CEO, Pharma-Consulting, ENABLE
- Neil Weir, CEO, Sitryx Therapeutics
- Jennifer Howell, Head of Feature Film Development, DreamWorks
- Jeffery Baker, Deputy Director, FDA
Benefits for you
This course will help you:
- make the transition from science and engineering-based decision making to company-wide strategic resolutions
- build an invaluable network with peers and experts from academia and industry who challenge, stimulate and inspire you
- gain perspectives on leadership challenges and critical business issues facing the bioindustry globally and formulate actions to address these
- learn from real life cases studies to succeed in making difficult decisions and implementing strategies to secure a more robust future for your business
- access and share best practices on how to be a good leader and avoid pitfalls in constantly evolving market
- achieve your personal development and career objectives
- evaluate the impact of key innovative research and technologies on the future of business and manufacturing
Benefits for your organisation
This course will:
- maximise team building, facilitate joint learning and strategic alignment, when several key members from an organisation attend VISION together
- complement in-house training for succession planning and talent development
- provide you with key considerations for driving and navigating changes in business to stay ahead
- enhance the agility of your organisation and how to translate knowledge into commercial benefit
- allow you to access tools for effectively working across a multidisciplinary business, holistically identify problems, formulate strategies and adapt to change
Costs and group bookings
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about costs and group bookings.
Course fees include materials, lunches and refreshments. Accommodation isn't included, but details of special rates at nearby hotels will be sent with your registration pack.
Eli Keshavarz-Moore, Professor of Bioprocess Science & Enterprise, UCL
Naveraj Gill, Strategic Alliance Director, UCL
Course information last modified: 03 Jul 2018, 14:21