This intensive, interactive two-day workshop will help non-native speakers of English develop professional leadership communication skills.
You'll also learn how to:
- deliver more effective messages
- better influence English speaking individuals, teams and stakeholders
Working through different managerial disciplines, you'll expand your skills and learn to communicate more positively within an English speaking corporate environment.
This course is run by UCL's Division of Psychology and Language Sciences (PaLS).
Topics covered by the course include the following:
- Personal impact - building rapport, intonation, body language, assertiveness
- Influencing skills - presenting ideas, effective listening, questioning
- Effective messaging
- Giving feedback
- Constructive conversations
You'll get several opportunities to practice the skills you're learning, and discuss your own work-related situations.
You'll receive tips, techniques, individual coaching and constructive feedback throughout the day.
This workshop will help you to:
- improve and strengthen your leadership communication skills
- understand the subtleties of the words you use
- refine your language
- deliver more effective messages in an influential and more appropriate manner
You'll receive a certificate of attendance when you complete the course.
You'll should come with examples of real-life, work-related challenges in:
- giving feedback
- constructive conversations (a scenario you wish to work on)
Sign up for short course announcements: Subscribe to the UCL Life Learning newsletter to receive news and updates on courses in your chosen area. (For updates on a specific course, contact the administrator - see 'Contact information'.)
Josette has been a media, presentation, and leadership communication skills coach and lecturer for over 16 years. In 2007 she formed her own training company, The Communication Experts. She works both nationally and internationally, with clients from both the public and private sectors. She's also a successful print and broadcast journalist, and an accredited PR practitioner.
Course information last modified: 12 Dec 2018, 10:19