The Virtual Learning Spaces service enables you to share a virtual study room with other UCL students.
Log into a Virtual Learning Space
Please note that the Virtual Learning Spaces service will be available from 10:00 on Monday 27 September.
When accessing these spaces you must follow the correct way to sign into your UCL Zoom account.
For individual study in a shared space with others studying.
- You can choose to change your on-screen name if you don't wish for other users to know your name.
- No chat function and no audio.
For studying individually, but with option to chat (via text) with others.
- Your name will be seen on-screen.
- Chat function, no audio.
About the service
The Virtual Learning Spaces can be used by any UCL student. You do not need to book beforehand.
The virtual rooms may be accessed daily, Monday to Friday between 10.00-19.00.
Each time you enter a virtual room, you are expected to follow UCL’s Netiquette guidance.
We must all work together to make sure that everyone can make the most of the virtual rooms and treat each other with the same respect and politeness as we would in a physical library site.
Please also note that each room is monitored by Library Services staff.
The rooms will always be hosted and monitored by a member of Library staff who you can contact if you have any queries or need help
- UCL Data Protection Policy (.pdf).
- UCL Computing Regulations (Acceptable Use Policy) (.pdf).
- UCL Connecting Equipment to the College Network Policy (.pdf).
- UCL Monitoring Computer and Network Use Policy (.pdf).
- UCL Corporate Digital Data Ownership and Access Policy (.doc - access for UCL only).
- UCL Corporate Digital Data Ownership and Access Policy (.pdf - public view).
- UCL Authentication Principles (.pdf).
- UCL Password Policy and Principles (.pdf).