- To assist and provide advice on all queries and requests in relation to Data Protection and Freedom of Information;
- To positively promote data protection and freedom of information awareness throughout UCL;
- Publish information and guidance, via UCL’s information compliance website;
- Develop policies and written procedures to ensure UCL complies with its legal obligations;
- We offer practical advice and guidance;
- Proactively manage requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act and Data Protection Act;
- Support UCL’s research activities;
- Our researchers by registering their research projects, publishing guidance and clarity on anonymisation, data storage, international transfers and other overseas research;
- Our staff when dealing with Subject Access Requests and FOI requests.
Who we are
Lee Shailer: Data Protection & Freedom of Information Officer (x58726) firstname.lastname@example.org responsible for Data Protection and FOI queries.
Spenser Crouch: Data Protection & Freedom of Information Administrator, (x58764), email@example.com responsible for the research registration service, Chief Web Editor, and adminstrative support.
Mehwish Sultan: Data Protection and Freedom of Information Advisor, (x57862) firstname.lastname@example.org responsible for Data Protection and FOI advice.