Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1780
Merchant of Bristol, co-owner with Samuel New (q.v.) of two estates on Nevis.
- Will of Richard Cox of Bristol [made in 1778] proved 29/02/1780. In the will he instructed his trustees to sell his property in Nevis, which he acknowledged was mortgaged by himself and Mr New for £5000 according to mortgage surcharge to the late Thomas Griffiths, although he claimed that the balance was in fact £2000. He acknowledged that his houses in Park Street and 'in the fort' were the property of the representatives of Thomas Griffiths.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1780 [EY] → Joint owner
Co-owner of Clifton estate