George Taylor of Carshalton Park
Profile & Legacies Summary
1736 - 1814
Slave-owner on St Kitts, almost certainly of Taylor's estate, brother of John Taylor of Carshalton Park (q.v.) and uncle of John Taylor.
- Will of George Taylor of Carshalton Park Surrey proved 26/07/1814. Under the will he left £4000 in trust for his relatives, and his unnamed estates on St Kitts in trust for his brother John Taylor [of Carshalton Park] for life and then to the two men's nephew John Taylor, the son of their brother Rev. William Taylor.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
- 1814 [EY] → Owner
Carshalton Park House [Built]
Country house, reportedly built by George Taylor...