Photo credit: Dr Allison Lindner
Set up by Dr Allison Lindner at UCL Faculty of Laws, we are a community of Early Career Researcher academics working on waste law. Our individual research stretches across a plurality of normative, theoretical and empirical approaches to various aspects of waste law. The topics we discuss include plastics, global waste flows, steel, mobile phone waste, fashion waste, municipal solid waste, hazardous waste, concrete, the circular economy, ship breaking, and the informal economy.
The Group’s mission is to develop the ECR academic waste law community both within the UK and internationally. We aim to foster rigorous academic debate among ECR academic waste lawyers who would like to think creatively about theoretical, empirical and normative approaches to waste law. We welcome ECR academic waste lawyers and established waste law academics to engage with us.
The group meets once monthly online during term time. We aim to meet in person once a year. Our first in-person writing workshop was hosted by Dr Michael Picard at Edinburgh School of Law in March 2022 and generously funded by the Edinburgh Law School Research and Impact Facilitation Fund. Our second in-person writing workshop was hosted by Dr Allison Lindner at UCL Faculty of Laws in July 2023 and generously funded by the UCL Laws Vice-Dean International Leadership Fund.
- Carrie Bradshaw, Lecturer in Law at The School of Law, University of Leeds
- Ioanna Hadjiyianni, Assistant Professor in Public Law (Specialisation in EU and Environmental Law) at Department of Law, University of Cyprus
- Leonora Kleppa Stærfeldt, PhD Fellow at Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen
- Katarzyna Kryla-Cudna, Lecturer in Law at University of Bristol Law School, University of Bristol
- Feja Lesniewska, Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Transitions and Environmental Law at School of Law, University of Surrey
- Allison Lindner, Lecturer at UCL Faculty of Laws
- Michael Picard, Lecturer, International Environmental Law at Edinburgh Law School, University of Edinburgh
- Katrien Steenmans, Postdoc at Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen
- Luka Strubelj, Research Fellow in Environmental Law at Faculty of Law, University of Oxford
- Mikolaj Szafrański, PhD Student at LSE Law School, London School of Economics
- Garance Thomas, Doctoral Candidate at Sciences Po Law School, SciencesPo
Dr Allison Lindner at firstname.lastname@example.org