Lecturecast is a tool for scheduling and recording lectures held in UCL Lecturecast enabled teaching spaces.
Recordings can be made available to students via their Moodle courses to support student learning.
Lecturecast provides a learning platform that goes beyond the simple recording and viewing of lectures, allowing staff to transform their content into an interactive experience and enabling students to engage further with content.
Create Lecturecast recordings in 3 easy steps:
- Schedule the recording of lectures timetabled in CMIS, using the Lecturecast Scheduler
- Make recordings available via your Moodle course
- Edit and manage recordings using Lecturecast Active Learning Platform (ALP)
- Lecturecast recordings can also be made using Personal Capture software. Refer to the Personal Capture training guides
- For Lecturecast recordings made prior to August 2017, refer to the Lecturecast Legacy pages
- Lecturecast no longer supports the recording of special events; the system is for recordings of taught modules on a specific teaching programme. If you wish to have an event filmed e.g. non-taught talk or lecture, inaugural lectures, conferences, outreach events, public events or CPD events, please email the Digital Media team who can advise you accordingly. Digital Media services are subject to availability and there is a cost attached to each service.
Support and Contact
- Training guides and videos can be found on the Lecturecast Resource Centre
- Answers to common questions can be found on our list of FAQ's
- Book to attend a training session on the UCL Single training booking system
- If you wish to record a special event and make the recording public, email the Digital Media team
- If you wish to make your special event available to the wider UCL community or made public to the world, please see the UCL Mediacentral website for further information.