UCLGuest is a wireless service specifically designed to provide external visitors with access to the Internet.
This service is provided over the existing wireless infrastructure, so wherever eduroam is available, the UCLGuest service is also provided.
- UCLGuest does not require the installation of any software.
- UCLGuest can be enabled in all locations where the eduroam wireless service is available.
What is Required?
- A UCL user ID and password (issued by your conference organiser). This comprises of a 7 character userid and an 8 character password.
- A personal laptop with:
- An Internet Browser (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome).
- A Wi-Fi certified Wireless Network Connection adapter. Please refer to the About Wi-Fi certified Wireless Standards for more information.
Information for Conference Organisers
Only Room Bookings, Departmental Administrators, IT Managers and Departmental Representatives are eligible to sponsor visitor accounts.
External Conference Organisers cannot do this themselves so must speak to their UCL contact to organise the visitor accounts.
Sponsoring an external visitor
Only certain groups of staff within UCL are eligible to create visitor accounts to allow conference attendees to have Internet Access through the UCLGuest Service. As described above, these groups of staff are Room Bookings, Departmental Administrators, IT Managers and Departmental Representatives. A full list of authorised sponsors in each department along with contact details is available.
If you are unable to find anyone on this list from your department please send a request to email@example.com for assistance in finding an appropriate sponsor.
External Conference Organisers cannot create accounts themselves so must speak to their UCL contact to organise the visitor accounts.
There are two methods of sponsoring a visitor/visitors to UCL. The method used will depend on the number of visitor accounts to be created.
- Create an event code for a Conference (suitable for a group of 10 or more visitors).
- Create individual user IDs and passwords (suitable for a group of less than 10 visitors).
Please visit the UCLGuest Sponsorship page to create an event code for a Conference or Visitor accounts.