Educational Media provide a satellite service filming and streaming events and lectures at the IOE, we can also edit or transfer media content and provide USB duplication and basic video conferencing.
The UCL Educational Media team can be found on Level 3 Floor - Wing 3 - W3.03.
The team in our IOE office offer a range of media services and loan equipment for both staff and students and operates daily 9:00am - 1:00pm.
We can provide webcams, video cameras, DSLR’s, headphones, data projectors, audio recorders and PA systems and also have a limited stock of laptops and the various dongles and adapters required to get connected to most projectors along with teaching aides for lectures taking place within UCL Institute of Education.
We can also help and assistance and an Apple Mac editing facility for students and staff, which includes media file transfer. This is a bookable service and you should email or visit the team at the Educational Media desk in the IOE on Level 3 Floor - Wing 3 - W3.03. Our current provision in the Cruciform Building, Room G08a on Huntley Street is non operational.
- Opening Hours for the Educational Media service desk
Week Days Opening Time Location Information Monday to Friday 09:00 am - 13:00 pm IOE Building Level 3 Floor - Wing 3, Room W3.03 Collect all IOE bookings Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 09:00 am - 17:30 pm Cruciform Building, Huntley Street, Room G08a Collect UCL Bookings only
- For Staff we offer the following services
- Video Filming lecture, small discussion group, interview etc.
- Video Editing top and tail, titling, still image inclusion, etc.
- Live Streaming live event to a video platform of your choice
- Photography portrait, lecture, events, etc.
If you have your own video material which you would like to appear on your Moodle course page, you can add to Lecturecast through Mediacentral and if you need any assistance then please visit us for help to upload to the appropriate service.
- Teams Live Events Managed Microsoft Teams Live Event for up to 10,000 attendees
- Zoom Webinar Events Where you want to stream to YouTube or need to take the worry out of running the tech for an online event
- Media file format conversions Video/audio tape/file to other formats
- USB and DVD/CD Duplication
We operate on a cost recovery basis and our local charges are shown in the .pdf below:
- Educational Media Loan Equipment services at the IOE
Loans services for Staff & Students
The loan service can be found on Level 3 Floor - Wing 3 - W3.03. When our counter is closed any loan equipment can be returned to the main IOE Library Desk on IOE Level 4, or alternatively to our main office in the Cruciform Building on Huntley Street.
- Please be aware that none of our equipment loans are not covered by UCL insurance, therefore you are liable for the cost of any replacement or repair costs that might arise in the event of loss, damage or theft.
- Please ensure your personal insurace will cover such expenses or that your department will accept that they can cover any associated costs/charges.
- We can only issue one digital item per person, you will be advised of the total value of the items loaned.
- You should also note that all overdue items are fined, so contact the team as soon as possible if you have any difficulty in returning equipment on time.
MediaCentral Widget Placeholderhttps://mediacentral.ucl.ac.uk/Player/31474639
- Educational Media Team
We operate out of a number of UCL locations and the team can be contacted via email or telephone, staff regularly at our base in the IOE are:
- Patrick Robinson, Media Production Manager
- Abdulmukith Ahmed, Media Producer
- Teresa Baker, Media Producer
- Alejandro Lopez, Media Support Officer
- Raheel Nabi, Media Support Officer
The local Educational Media telephone number is 06700 (internal) and we frequently monitor the Educational Media mailbox.