Indigo: add Research Publication data (RPS)
You can pull in publications from RPS and when Discovery gets updated, it will automatically get updated on your web page.
This guide is aimed at...
- IT Administrators
Before you start...
You will need to have Chief Editor, Editor or Author access in Silva;
You will need to have attended Silva training.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer when editing;
- Log on to the relevant website by adding /edit at the end of the web address or clicking on the small cross at the bottom of the page.
In order to add Research Publication Data in Indigo, you will need to know the UPI of the researcher or the letters for the relevant department.
This is found when looking up the person in IRIS and it appears at the end of their URL:
" e.g. http://iris.ucl.ac.uk/iris/browse/profile?upi=GEREE91
If you look up a department, you can find the Department number in the same way:
" e.g. for History of Art: http://iris.ucl.ac.uk/iris/browse/department/SP
You can add publications for a user, a number of users or a whole department.
- Click on external source
- Click on the dropdown menu to find Indigo: Add research publication data (UPI)
- Click on add external source
- Under 'Format' choose User(s) or A whole department
- Choose Publication Date or Publication Type
- Complete the UPI or UPIs - comma separated - if it's a department, put in the code
Click on add external source
The publications should now appear on the page.
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
For further help and assistance you will need to contact: Silva Support.