Enabling Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) on your Windows 7 Computer
Your machine must have DHCP enabled to work with our network. We have provided instructions on how to do this below.
Before you start...
In order to activate your connection you will need the following:
- Computer running Windows 7
- Network card & cable
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click the Network and Internet link.
- Click the Network and Sharing Center link.
- View your network connections.
- Click the Change adapter settings link.
- Right-click Local Area Connection and choose properties.
- Under This connection uses the following items:, select Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4).
- Click the Properties button.
- Select the Obtain an IP address automatically radio button.
- Select the Obtain DNS server address automatically radio button.
- Click OK.
Related guides & other info
Help & Support
- Further details on these components can be found on the Troubleshooting page.
- For further help and assistance you will need to contact the IT Services.