Helping disadvantaged nursery children to develop their language skills | RFTRW: S14E01
21 March 2022
We meet an IOE researcher focused on the development of language in young people, particularly for those disproportionately affected by the pandemic and living in deprived areas.
Research for the Real World: S14E01
Dr Claire Forrest
Centre for Language, Literacy and Numeracy: Research & Practice (LLNR&P)
Dr Forrest is a Developmental Psychologist with an interest in language development, developmental disorders, emotion regulation and social functioning.
Our presenter Emily MacLeod finds out about Dr Forrest’s projects involving nursery settings in England’s northeast and London, working in conjunction with staff, parents, carers and children themselves.
Listen to the podcast
You can also listen to the podcast on:
You can also read the podcast episode transcript here (coming soon).
- Dr Claire Forrest’s research profile
- The CHAT Project
- Talking With Your Children: Activities For Parents to Help Nursery Children's Speaking and Listening Skills
- Centre for Language, Literacy and Numeracy: Research & Practice (LLNR&P)
- Department of Psychology and Human Development
- Research for the Real World podcast
- IOE Podcast