Bridging the gap between research and practice | RFTRW: S16E01
29 June 2022
In this podcast we learn about the concept of ‘translational research’ and hear examples of projects where it has supported the successful move from research to practice.
Research for the Real World: S16E01
Lecturer in Literacy Education
Our presenter Emily MacLeod is joined by Dr Sinéad Harmey to discuss what translational research looks like in action. Dr Harmey shares an example that took place in an early years setting focusing on language and communication.
We also get to hear about translational research’s role in examining the impact of learning disruption on addressing the challenges of returning to normal schooling post-COVID-19 and comparing that with other events such as Hurricane Katrina.
Listen to the podcast
You can also listen to the podcast on:
- Dr Sinéad Harmey’s research profile
- A duty of care and a duty to teach: educational priorities in response to the COVID-19 crisis
- International Literacy Centre
- Department of Learning and Leadership
- Research for the Real World
- IOE Podcast