VIRTUAL EVENT: What role can universities play in bringing talent to the creative industries?
09 September 2021, 5:15 pm–6:15 pm
To celebrate the launch of the new BA Media programme in September 2021, we will be hosting a panel discussion, debating the question, 'what role can universities play in bringing talent to the creative industries?'
An invited audience of UCL's industry, cultural and education partners will be in attendance.
- Paul Ashton – Head of Film at Creative England
- Professor Andrew Burn – Professor of English, Media and Drama at the UCL Institute of Education and Director of the DARE Centre (Digital Arts Research Education)
- Sarah Ellis – Director of Digital Development at the Royal Shakespeare Company
- Walter Murch - American film editor, director, writer, sound designer and three time Academy Award winner
- Professor Michael Stewart - Head of the Centre for Public Anthropology and Professor of Social Anthropology at UCL, and Founding Director of Open City Documentary Festival
- Dr Katharine Vincent – Principal of Mulberry UTC.