VIRTUAL EVENT: What does it mean to ‘make’ a curriculum?
03 February 2021, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
This webinar will explore different ideas about curriculum and curriculum making.
This event is free.
Professor Mark Priestley will offer an analysis of curriculum as content and will show how curriculum making occurs within an educational system.
He will draw upon previous ideas and will offer an elaborate approach to understanding curriculum making.
The webinar will:
- explore the notion of curriculum as social practice, understood systemically across multiple layers or sites of activity
- provide an overview of existing thinking/literature about curriculum levels or layers
- introduce ideas of curriculum making as social practice within different sites of activity
- consider the implications for curriculum making, including the key importance of meso activity (support, infrastructure and leadership) which sits between macro policy and micro school-based curriculum making.
- Professor Mark Priestley, University of Stirling
DLL seminar series
The Department of Learning and Leadership (DLL) hosts a research seminar series where invited speakers present work relevant to the department’s areas of expertise.
Image: Jessica Ruscello via Unsplash