VIRTUAL EVENT: Coming back stronger: leadership matters
27 April 2021, 5:00 pm–6:30 pm
In this forum, Professor Christine Gilbert CBE argues that the pandemic forces leaders to find time for reflection and prioritise thinking about the future.
This event is free.
Professor Qing Gu, UCL Centre for Educational Leadership (CEL)
The forum will give schools the opportunity to come back stronger by building learning about schools’ creativity in managing the disruption and complexities of the crisis into collaborative thinking, planning and action.
This event follows the Coming back stronger: leadership matters thinkpiece from the UCL Centre for Educational Leadership (CEL). The Thinkpiece identifies five leadership opportunities for building a stronger future.
- Christine Gilbert CBE, former Head of Ofsted (HMCI), Visiting Professor at CEL and Honorary Fellow of the UCL Institute of Education.
- Qing Gu, Director of CEL, UCL Institute of Education.
- Kevan Collins, Education Recovery Commissioner and Visiting Professor at CEL.
- Chair: Professor Peter Earley, UCL Institute of Education.
About CEL Public Leadership Forums
Our forums focus on the pressing global challenges facing educational leadership in a changing world.
These open an opportunity to bring diverse emerging voices into the education leadership policy conversation.
They will stimulate deep and meaningful learning conversations that lead to purposeful and intentional change to enhance policy, practice and students’ and stakeholders’ learning and wellbeing.
- Tweet with #CELThinkPieces
- UCL Centre for Educational Leadership
- Department of Learning and Leadership