Leading research and development in schools
22 January 2020, 1:30 pm–4:30 pm
This innovative professional development programme is for middle and senior leaders interested in engaging in and with research.
UCL Institute of Education20 Bedford WayLondonWC1H 0AL
Are you responsible for R&D (research and development)in your school?
Do you want to draw on research to inform decision making?
Do you see R&D as a powerful way to develop teaching and learning?
This programme helps you find, critique and apply research related to your school’s context. It also supports you to lead colleagues in learning-focused, school-based enquiries. Core membership of the IOE’s R&D schools network is included, along with a copy of Chris Brown’s book: Leading the Use of Research & Evidence in Schools.
How would you and your school benefit from taking part?
The group provides a collegiate forum to explore the benefits and challenges of making R&D a reality in schools. You will have a chance to carry out practical R&D activities in your school between sessions, sharing the process with like-minded participants who are also passionate about educational research.
Core membership of the IOE R&D network offers you access to the network website, including library resources.
- Session one
- Leading R&D within and across schools - challenges and opportunities
- Assessing readiness for research engagement
- Facilitator, leader, researcher, broker? What the role entails
- Developing a strategic focus of enquiry
Inter-sessional activity: auditing your current R&D reality
- Session two
- Analysing your baseline/readiness for R&D
- Refining your enquiry focus - what difference do you want it to make?
- Sourcing and critiquing high quality research
- Designing research tools
Inter-sessional activity: implementing a cycle of enquiry
- Session three
- Leading and managing change
- Tracking changes in teacher practice and pupil learning
- Supporting professional learning and development
Inter-sessional activity: tracking change and gathering evidence of impact
- Session four
- Evaluating impact
- Mobilising knowledge and sustaining change
- Reviewing own development as a leader of R&D
We don't have a date for this course yet. Please contact London Centre for Leadership in Learning to register your interest
£600 per person.