Why study with us?
We are a world leader in neuroscience
• UCL is ranked first for research power in Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience by the UK’s Research Excellence Framework (REF 2021), with more than two thirds of our research in these areas rated as world-leading (4*)
• UCL is 1st in Europe and 2nd in the world for neuroscience, based entirely on quantitative data relating to scientific papers (2022 National Taiwan University report)
• UCL is 1st in Europe and 2nd worldwide for citations in neuroscience and behaviour, with more than twice as many published papers as any other European university (InCites Essential Scientific Indicators 2021)
• Neuroscience accounts for more than 33% of UCL’s entire research income, with 130 principal investigators leading our research
• We hold a Silver Athena SWAN award, which recognises our commitment to tackling gender inequality in higher education