Appraisal Scheme - Clinical Professional Practice (CPP) Tutors
The scheme that sets out how to appraise Clinical Professional Practice (CPP) Tutors.
This policy sets out UCL’s Framework for good practice in CPP Tutor appraisal.
The main steps are:
- A self-assessment exercise carried out by tutors using the framework outlining attributes of a competent /excellent /unacceptable CPP Tutor.
- Completion of a self-reflection exercise critically evaluating a teaching session.
- A peer observation of teaching.
- A biennial appraisal meeting with the site lead trained in facilitation of appraisal.
- A form to confirm completion of the appraisal.
- Introduction to appraisal
- Framework for good practice in CPP Tutor appraisal
- The appraisal and peer observation paperwork
- Peer Observation Good Practice
- Ground Rules for Peer Observation of Teaching
- Conducting a feedback session – some guidelines
- Appraisal Good Practice
- The appraisal meeting
Who should read this policy
- CPP Tutors and their managers
Last updated: Tuesday, September 26, 2017