UCL staff and students have free access to SilverCloud, an online resource of psychoeducational and CBT programmes which are used within the NHS and are evidence based.
SilverCloud is an online platform that offers wellbeing support through a range of interactive programmes that you can self select.
CBT helps you to identify and challenge negative thought and behavioural patterns that impact how you are feeling so that you can make changes for the better.
The programmes are designed to help improve and maintain wellbeing by addressing underlying issues that can have a negative impact on how you would like to live your life.
Each evidence-based programme consists of a range of modules and includes interactive tools, activities and videos for you to complete in your own time.
- Each programme consists of six or seven modules, which take approximately six to eight weeks to complete.
- Each module contains text, video and audio clips as well as activities and quizzes that you can complete as you go along.
- SilverCloud is entirely self-paced and is availabe 24/7 from your computer, tablet or phone.
On average, each module can take you about one week to complete, but to make the most of your use, you can log in daily to update your account.
You have access to 21 programmes across the following three themes:
- Wellbeing, including: Sleep, Resilience, Money Worries, Stress, Alcohol and Covid-19
- Mental Health, including: Health Anxiety, Depression, Phobia, Social Anxiety and Panic
- Chronic Health, including: Diabetes, Chronic pain and Lung Conditions
Silvercloud is unsupported, which means that any notes and insights or diary entries in your account are not visible by anyone else.
How to sign up?
Access Silvercloud, select the programme you wish to follow and register with your UCL email address.
If you have any questions or issues with accessing or using SilverCloud, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org