Promoting Healthcare Innovation with a “Dragon’s Den”-Style Competition
This virtual innovation platform will connect a wide range of stakeholders and enable multidisciplinary collaborations for healthcare innovation.
1 September 2021
Grant: Grand Challenges Special Initiatives—UN SDGs: Pathways to Achievement
Year awarded: 2021-22
Amount awarded: £4,975.54
- Mark Miodownik, Mechanical Engineering
- Ana Rita Pinho, Mechanical Engineering
UCL is a world-leader in medical research. However, the rate at which this is translated into the real-world is hampered by bottlenecks in product development and manufacturing. Promoting healthcare innovation with a “Dragon’s Den”-style competition through a virtual innovation platform aims to connect a wide range of stakeholders and enable multidisciplinary collaborations for healthcare innovation.
The virtual hub will be used to gather challenges, and support the formation of the teams that will compete in the Dragon’s Den event:
- Partners (members of the network) will be able to post “challenges” they would like to solve.
- The platform will help match partners to a challenge
- Members can discuss challenges and form collaborations.
- Teams will compete in the Dragon’s Den event for the award that will fund initial data collection and inform a larger bid.
Impacts and Outputs
- Awaiting impacts and outputs