The Centre for Global Health Economics aims to provide world-leading expertise in Health, Behavioural, Public and Development Economics, Decision Science, Statistics, and Mathematical and Epidemiological Modelling. Broadly, the Centre's research expertise spans two areas: (a) economic evaluations within pragmatic trials of complex interventions to improve maternal and child health, nutrition, and non-communicable diseases, and exploratory work to identify scalable and sustainable service delivery mechanisms for early child development; (b), and macroeconomic modelling of efficient health spending on HIV, tuberculosis, nutrition and universal health coverage. The Centre also offers training and capacity building in global health economics.
For more information about this Centre, please visit our main website.
- Strategic Priorities
- To undertake innovative research in Economics, Decision Science, Statistics, and Mathematical and Epidemiological Modelling as applied to challenges in global health
- To form a clearer picture of the impact of economic, social, cultural and policy factors that affect the demand for and supply of health care services
- To undertake rigorous and cutting-edge economic evaluations of global health trials, complemented by analyses of scalability, sustainability and affordability.
- To use methods in epidemiological, statistical and mathematical modelling to assess burden of disease, efficacy and effectiveness of interventions to reduce disease burden, and assess the optimal allocation of resources to inform national health policy and spending priorities
- To offer world-class training in global health economics through: (1) a new MSc in Health Economics and Decision Science applicable to high-income as well as low and middle-income settings; (2) teaching on the MSc in Global Health and Development; (3) support to doctoral students and post-doctoral research fellows; (4) a summer internship programme for undergraduate and postgraduate students interested in global health economics.
Jolene Skordis-Worrall (Director) Neha Batura (Deputy Director) Hassan Haghparast-Bidgoli (Deputy Director) Gerard Abou Jaoude Ildo Lautharte Junior Aurélia Lépine Francesco Salustri Sandie Marie Szawlowski
Affiliated members of the centre:
Timothy Colbourn Carlos Grijalva Eternod Daniel Strachan Lara Gosce Joanna Morrison
- Research Projects