A campus to turn challenge into change
In Stratford, we are on the cusp of a bold moment of transformation for the capital. UCL has an unprecedented opportunity to forge a university campus that invests in, learns from, energises and supports the local area, and produces the knowledge to shape lives, London, and the world.
Those who support UCL East will help redefine the role of a 21st century university. They will unlock the new fields of enquiry, new technologies, and the new cross-disciplinary research and teaching approaches needed to solve the challenges of the next 200 years.
We invite visionary leaders to join us in securing a further two centuries of pioneering, global impact for UCL.
““Our new UCL East campus is an opportunity to build on our rich London heritage and expand our toolbox for the 22nd century. UCL East will amplify everything that we can and want to do, complementing and enhancing what we’ve already put in place in Bloomsbury.” - Professor Paola Lettieri FREng, Pro-Provost (UCL East)
Fly through: UCL East
- Up to 4,000 students and 260 staff across two state-of-the-art buildings and 50,000m2 of space, with 180,000m2 available for development in total
- More than 60 innovative new cross- and interdisciplinary UG and PGT programmes
- Nine UCL faculties represented at 12 new centres of activity
- Cutting-edge labs, project and research areas, flexible teaching and study facilities, student accommodation, and wellbeing services
- A new 'front door' to UCL, with dynamic and accessible public spaces including cafes, terraces and exhibition spaces
- Campus opening in 2023
News from UCL East
Pro-Provost (UCL East)
Professor Paola Lettieri FREng leads the development of UCL's new campus on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.