Innovation in women’s health challenge event
29 March 2023, 1:00 pm–5:00 pm
At this half day event, UCL researchers and SMEs will have the opportunity to collaborate on projects related to innovation in women’s health.
UCL Innovation & Enterprise
Woburn House - Tavistock RoomTavistock SquareLondonWC1H 0HW
This interactive half-day event will bring together UCL researchers and companies working in FemTech, HealthTech and digital health.
Together you'll discuss how research and insights can be applied to challenges within innovation in women’s health.
After the event, you'll have the chance to develop innovative ideas and potentially form a collaboration and apply for a grant of up to £4,000 to further develop your project.
This event gives UCL researchers and doctoral students the opportunity to bring their knowledge, creativity and insight to businesses, and create impact from UCL’s research.
Who it’s for
This event is open to:
- UCL academics, researchers and doctoral students
- SMEs, startups and other companies working in FemTech, HealthTech and digital health
What to expect
The event will be hosted by Dr Nicky Keay, Honorary Clinical Lecturer at UCL.
- presentations from SMEs proposing challenges in innovation in women’s health
- workshops led by:
- Professor Joyce Harper, Professor of Reproductive Science at the Institute for Women’s Health, UCL
- Professor Alice Sullivan, Professor of Sociology, UCL
- Jonathan Grinbaud, Innovate UK EDGE
- an opportunity to develop collaborations between UCL staff and SMEs
- advice on how to apply for funding for a collaborative project from UCL Innovation & Enterprise
- lunch and a chance for networking
Funding to take your project forward
After the event, UCL participants will be able to apply for a grant to take their project idea forward. You must submit a proposal outlining how your research will benefit innovation in women’s health by collaborating with an SME. Up to two successful applications will be awarded.
Date and times
This event will take place on Wednesday, 29 March 2023, from 1pm to 5pm.
If you have accessibility requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is organised and supported by UCL Innovation & Enterprise via the EPSRC Innovation Acceleration Account 2022-2025. The event is supported by Barclays Eagle Labs.
Read our privacy notice to understand how UCL Innovation & Enterprise will deal with your personal data.
UCL Innovation & Enterprise reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice. Such alterations are occasionally necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.
Photo © Mat Wright