El-Mokadem Bursary: New £75,000 scholarship available in 2018/19
15 August 2018
The Ian and Kate El-Mokadem Bursary has been established to support a UK-domiciled student; studying on an undergraduate 3-year Economics degree starting in the 2018/19 academic year. The degree programme can be Economics alone, or can be a joint programme with another department as along as it is anchored in Economics.
The total value of the award each year is £25,000 (i.e. £75,000 will be awarded across the three years of the course) and is intended to cover both tuition fees and living costs for the duration of the 3-year degree.
The successful candidate must:
1. Be in financial need;
2. Meet one or more of the following widening participation criteria:
First member of their family to undertake higher education
- Has a disability
- Falls within an underrepresented UCL ethnic minority group (black African or black Caribbean)
- Has been identified through POLAR data, relating to low participation neighbourhoods
- Care leaver
- Has parents in a non-professional occupation
- Is eligible for free school meals
- Attends a non-selected state school
Further information is available on the Undergraduate Funding page.