The UCL Eastman Centre for Postgraduate Research (ECPgR)
- provides support for postgraduate research students;
- trains researchers internationally to embed new knowledge in best practice addressing scientific and clinical research needs in the dental, medical and allied health sectors;
- engages with industry in developing therapeutics, instruments and tools;
- engages practitioners with novel ways of understanding diseases;
- engages the public with the research undertaken at the Eastman and also novel ways of understanding and improving their conditions and wellbeing.
The ethos of the Centre is rooted in the UCL Grand Challenge of Global Health which brings together UCL’s immense multidisciplinary wealth of intellectual capital and international collaborations to provide innovative, workable solutions to global health at scale. The aim of the Centre is also to support UCL’s commitment to teaching and learning excellence through research-based education.