Friends of the Grant Museum: adopt a specimen
Grant Museum staff are on leave Saturday 19 December 2020 - Monday 4 January 2021. Any adoptions or renewals received during this time will be processed in the new year.
The Grant Museum is currently open for limited hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are largely working remotely. We will respond to all enquiries as quickly as possible, but please bear with us as some responses may take longer than usual.
We have made the following changes to the membership scheme during this limited opening period:
- We will email your adoption certificate
- If you are unable to visit the museum to choose your specimen, we ask you to make some suggestions of a specimen you would like to adopt, and we will let you know if something suitable available. If you do not have a preference, we can select something for you. We do not have access to a full list of available specimens, so choices may be limited.
- We do not currently have details of future friends’ events. These activities will be rescheduled when possible.
Thank you for your continued support.
Become a Friend of the Grant Museum and help ensure the collection's continued success and survival in many ways. The Friends programme helps fund ongoing projects including conservation, documentation and the renovation of displays. In addition, funds raised through the Friends programme will enable new and exciting projects to be initiated, such as those geared towards widening participation and improving access to the collection for all.
Benefits of becoming a Friend
Membership lasts for one year, after which it can be renewed. Benefits include:
- The adoption of a specimen with an adoption certificate
- Invitations to our great events programme
- Receive e-newsletters with exciting goings on at the Grant Museum
To become a Friend and adopt a specimen, or make an adoption as a gift, please download, complete and return the adoption form.
Or, alternatively, please visit our shop page to buy membership online. Gift Aid is an additional way to support the Grant Museum at no extra cost to you. If you are a UK taxpayer, this means for every pound you give, we get an extra 25 pence. All we need is your consent by signing and dating the Gift Aid declaration in the above adoption form. Please note that Gift Aid is not applicable on gift memberships, unless the person buying the membership is the parent/guardian of a child recipient, or is also receiving the membership, e.g. as part of a family membership.
When making your choice, we advise you to select three specimens from our collection in order of preference in case your first choice is no longer available. Alternatively, if you have no preference we can choose something for you.
We take great care of your personal data. We’ll use the information provided to process your adoption and to contact you when your adoption is due to expire. A benefit of membership is receiving news and event invitations from the Grant Museum. If you choose to opt-out of the Friends' mailing list you can do so at the point of adoption. For more information on UCL's Privacy notice please visit https://www.ucl.ac.uk/legal-services/privacy