Bartlett Print - FAQ's
There is always a question you need to find the answer to quickly, the following is a list of queries that have been recently asked. The list is added to on a regular basis and should be used to help you when you need your academic project printing and you are not quite sure of the requirements of using this service. In this section, we provide answers to some frequently asked questions (FAQs), as well as some 'tips and tricks' to get the most out of your large format printing and scanning.
Paper - Type, Quality and Size
- What types of paper do you print on, and what is the print quality like?
- For Bartlett Print, we use specialist Large Format Printing machines with coated and uncoated rolls of paper.
- For proofing, draft and test prints we recommend and use the following paper types:
- 160 gsm Matte paper
- 80 gsm Matte paper
- 120 gsm Matte paper
For final presentation and exhibition display prints, we recommend our premium and specialist paper types.
- 112 gsm CAD Tracing paper
- 180 gsm Matte paper
- 190 gsm - Photo Satin paper
- Can I bring my own paper to print on?
Unfortunately, no. As our Large Format Printers use long rolls of specialist paper, we cannot install other paper types brought into the office.
- What paper sizes can I have?
We do the following standard paper sizes for printing. These are:
A0 - (841 x 1189 mm)
A1 - (594 x 841 mm)
A2 - (420 x 594 mm)
A3 - (297 x 420 mm)
A4 - (210 x 297 mm)
- My print doesn’t fit one of your recommended sizes A0, A1, A2, etc. Can I choose my own print size?
Yes, you can.
Please tell us the size of your image - Width x Height (W x H) in millimetres (mm).
Please note the maximum Width (W) size for a large format print is: 880 mm - (88 cm)
NB: Please note, a new price for your print may need to be calculated based on the size of the print.
Payments and Prices
- What types of Debit / Credit cards do you accept for payment?
We accept most major debit and credit cards e.g., Visa, Mastercard, however, we cannot accept American Express or AMEX cards.
- Can I pay by cash?
Unfortunately, we do not accept cash payments, we can only accept payment by Debit / Credit card which you can make in person by calling into our office or by using the Web-to-Print service, information can be found here: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/creative-services/printing-services/bartlett-print...
Large Format Scanning now available for Bartlett Students only.
A large format scanning service (max width 110 cm) is now available for Bartlett students. To book a scanning slot, please follow the steps below:
- Firstly, please email us at email@example.com stating that you would like to use the scanner and also how many items you would like to scan (maximum 4 items). Please also include the words ‘BARTLETT SCAN’ in your email title.
- Once received, we will email you back to arrange a time and date, for you to use the scanner. Once the scan meeting is arranged, a 30 minute slot booking will be added to your Microsoft Outlook and Teams calendar.
- At the arranged date and time, please come to our office on Huntley Street, with your original hard copies (no more than 4 items). We will then help you to scan the items.
- Once finished, we will then share the scanned digital files with you e.g., PDF document, via Microsoft OneDrive, using your email address.
Please note there is no image manipulation or editing. This is this purely a scanning service.
- What Materials can I scan
The large format scanner is a 'feed-in' or 'sheet-fed' scanner. Therefore, artwork and documents are fed through the scanner. This is unlike a flatbed scanner, where the whole document is laid flat on a glass plate. Materials such as very thick card, textiles, and loosely layered paper art and drawings, may not be suitable for this type of scanner.
It is your responsibility to collect your original artworks or hard copies on the same day after receiving your scan, and we can accept no responsibility for the loss or damage of your original work. Please bring your student ID to verify your Bartlett status.