Live streaming on location
The team offer a live streaming service where we film your event and then deliver this though our streaming server or push direct to external platforms such as YouTube, FaceBook Live, Periscope or a dedicated webpage.
Case Study : President Volodymyr Zelenskyy addresses UCL Ukrainian SocietyOn Friday 10 June 2022, UCL Ukrainian Society hosted a special event with Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelenskyy. The event was organised by the Ukrainian Students’ Union, and nine university Ukrainian Societies from across the UK had the chance to meet, and put a question to, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy via Zoom.
The live event was managed at very short notice by the Educational Media Production team, working with students from the UCL Ukrainian Society and Students' Union UCL. This highly successful event was streamed to YouTube so that those who could not attend the event in person could view online. Further details about the event can be found on the Students' Union UCL website here.
If you have a prestegious live or special event you need help, advice and assitance with, please contact the team.
Virtual EventsAs Media Producers we can produce your event for you through Teams Live Events or Zoom Webinar. Contact the team via our team email for further information.
We ask that:
- You contact us as soon as possible and especially when you know the time, date and location of your event
- We operate on a first come, first served basis
- All events are charged for as we operate as a cost recovery unit.
- The team are happy to give advice, please accept we are just a small team and respond as quick as we can.
- If you need advice regarding such things as AV in the room, Microphones, WiFi etc. please contact the ISD Service Desk
Zoom Webinar and Teams Live
Zoom is a video conferencing tool that allows you to create and hold online video meetings with the capability to share screens, collaborate and breakout your meeting into smaller groups.
Microsoft Teams is a chat-based workspace in Office 365 that makes it easy to have conversations, host meetings, share files, collaborate on documents and get work done within your teams. All members of UCL have access to Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
We can assist you facilitate a virtual event by taking on the production/host role in a Zoom Webinar, or as the Producer for a Teams Live Event.
- For Zoom, please read the information on how to plan a Zoom Webinar. You can contact the virtual events team to request help via the self service form.
- Further information on planning a Teams Live Event, along with a booking form can be found on the Teams sharepoint site (the form appears at the bottom of the page).