The Healthcare Disruption research theme aims to understand:
- How the changes in healthcare delivery during the pandemic have impacted patients and population health.
- How has this impact varied according to social position, indicators of vulnerability and risk, locality and different mitigation strategies?
- How do changes in delivery compare to reporting of difficulties in accessing healthcare?
- How do measures of health system performance (including amenable mortality, avoidable hospitalisations, length of hospital stays, unplanned readmissions) during the pandemic compare to pre-pandemic performance?
- Does recovery of health system performance vary according to locality or in response to specific strategies.
To understand the full extent of changes in the delivery of routine health care caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
This will be achieved by harnessing national electronic health record data sources linked across care settings and phenotypic cohort studies.