19 January 2021
'Taking Back Control: Why the House of Commons Should Govern its own Time' is a Constitution Unit report which explores why MPs lack control of their own institution, what problems this causes, & what should be done. The Constitution Unit hosted a launch event to discuss the findings of the report.
- Karen Bradley MP, Chair of the House of Commons Procedure Committee;
- Valerie Vaz MP, Shadow Leader of the House of Commons;
- Sir David Natzler, former Clerk of the House of Commons, also formerly Clerk of the Wright Committee;
- Professor Meg Russell FBA (co-author), Director of the Constitution Unit, Senior Fellow at the UK in a Changing Europe, and former specialist adviser to the Wright Committee;
- Dr Daniel Gover (co-author): Lecturer in British Politics at Queen Mary University of London
Chair: Jill Rutter, senior research fellow of UK in a Changing Europe.