The UCL EU Referendum Debate: To Remain or To Leave?
16 June 2016, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
Logan Hall, Institute of Education, 20 Bedford Way
This event will start promptly at 6pm, so please arrive by 5.45pm to secure your seat.
UCL will host a major debate on all the issues raised by the EU referendum, with contributions from both campaigns and from academic experts
- Laura Sandys, Chair of the European Movement and former Conservative MP for South Thanet.
- Chuka Umunna, Labour MP for Streatham, was Shadow Business Secretary from 2011 to 2015 and is a now a member of the Home Affairs Select Committee.
- Jacob Rees-Mogg, Conservative MP for North East Somerset, is a member of the European Scrutiny Committee and Treasury Committee.
- Peter Whittle, UK Independence Party Member of the London Assembly and UKIP's candidate for the 2016 London mayoral election.
- Swati Dhingra, Lecturer at the Department of Economics at LSE and Associate at the Centre for Economic Performance.
- Anand Menon, Professor of European Politics and Foreign Affairs at King's College London and Director of the UK in a Changing Europe Initiative.
- Simon Usherwood, Senior Lecturer in Politics at the University of Surrey.
- Professor Meg Russell, Director or the Constitution Unit.