UCL Greek & Latin
Our degree programmes
Follow these quick links for information on our
- BA Classics | BA Ancient World | All BA programmes involving Greek and Latin
- MA Classics | MA Reception of the Classical World | PhD programme
In collaboration with UCL's Department of History and UCL's Institute of Archaeology, the Department offers Greek and Latin and ancient Middle Eastern language and literature; ancient history, art history, and archaeology; philosophy, papyrology, and historical linguistics; reception, film, and intellectual history.
Situated in the heart of London, we are at the centre of an unrivalled range of resources for the study of the ancient world, with London's cultural life on our doorstep.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Department of Greek and Latin are proud holders of an Athena Swan Bronze award.
Green Impact Gold Award
The Department of Greek and Latin have successfully defended a Gold Award in 2022 for the fifth consecutive year, after an inaugural Silver award in 2017.
Covid 19 Updates
- In person, on campus teaching in 2022-23 is the default for all programmes except for those that are advertised as online programmes.
- The Department of Greek and Latin offices are contactable via email or phone (phone is connected to Microsoft Teams).
- We expect to offer in-person or hybrid open days for applicants and offer-holders. Further information is available here.
Further information about UCL's response to Coronavirus can be found at the Advice for Staff and Students page.