ICH Developmental Neurosciences Travel Fund for early career researchers
2 February 2024
We are very excited to announce the Developmental Neurosciences Travel Fund for PhD students and early career researchers.
The purpose of this Fund is to provide small travel grants to help young researchers to attend national and international scientific meetings. Preference will be given to those who have been selected to give an oral presentation. The following categories of staff are eligible to apply:
- Students studying for their PhD; or
- Research grant-funded postdoctoral staff in full-time employment in UCL GOS ICH.
We plan to fund up to 3 applicants every academic year.
- Up to £250 per applicant for domestic (UK) or EU travel
- Up to £500 per applicant for other destinations.
We will also consider applications that exceed this amount on special occasions.
Successful applicants are welcome to apply for other funds either with the ICH, the Faculty of Population Health, UCL or external organisations if they are eligible.
Applicants should state:
- Why they would like to apply for the award and how it will benefit them, whether their grant contains travel monies for conferences, and if they have applied elsewhere for funding, details should be provided.
- The dates and details of the meeting/conference, and what type of presentation (talk/poster) is to be given.
- A breakdown of expenses along with any abstract submitted.
- A signed letter/email of support from your supervisor/line manager.
Incomplete applications, or applications received after the published deadline will not be considered.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To help us process queries quicker, we request that applicants highlight write ‘DN Travel Fund Application’ and their name in the subject title.
Closing date: 31/05/2024