UCL GOS Institute of Child Health (ICH) recognises that access and treatment is not always equal for everyone and wants to redress the balance.
UCL GOS ICH wishes to foster a positive cultural climate which will allow all staff and students to flourish and ensure that everyone is seen as a valuable asset. It recognises that this requires commitment and action from everyone at all levels of the organisation and that it requires changing cultures and attitudes across the organisation.
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee is committed to helping ICH promoting the value of different identities to create an organisational culture that is respectful and inclusive irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sexual orientation and religion or belief.
The Committee will be a visibly representative body that will act as a “Voice for All” and will recognise the differing needs of individuals including, recruitment, selection, training, appraisal, development and promotion of staff. It will identify problems and propose relevant actions and will monitor the effectiveness of these actions. The aim will be to influence organisational and cultural change and to raise awareness to ensure that everyone that works at GOS ICH will feel valued.
EDI Committee Members
- GOS ICH Director: Ros Smyth
- EDI Chair: Jon Clayden
- EDI Co-Chair: Andy Copp
- Institute Manager: Vicky Adrienne
- Deputy Institute Manager: Sam McGarry
- Athena Swan Coordinator: (Vacant)
- Race Equity Group: Lola Solebo/Terrie Fiawoo
- Data coordination: Jenny Morgan
- BRC: Dauda Bappa
- DEOLO: Grazia Manzotti
- Early Career Researchers: Athina Soragia Gkazi
- Education: Claire Thorne
- HR: Ludi Capelan
- Professional Services: Vania de Toledo
- Research & Innovation: Katie Payne
- Students: Ivan Doykov/Diana Rosenthal