UCL Chemistry courses accredited by Royal Society of Chemistry
15 July 2016
The Department of Chemistry has received official notification that a selection of UCL Chemistry undergraduate and graduate courses have been accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), including many courses that were not previously recognised.
The list of accredited courses includes:
- MSci Chemistry
- MSci Chemistry (International Programme)
- MSci Chemistry with a European Language
- MSci Chemistry with Maths
- MSci Chemistry with Management Studies
- MSci Medicinal Chemistry
- MSc Chemical Research
- MRes Organic Chemistry: Drug Discovery
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry with a European Language
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry with Maths
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry with Management Studies
- BSc (Hons) Medicinal Chemistry
This is a wonderful achievement for the department and serves as an excellent endorsement of the dedication of the teaching team, especially Dr Katherine Holt, who was instrumental in this achievement.
"This is fantastic news that our courses have been accredited- it demonstrates the excellent coverage we give to the subject at BSc, MSc and MSci degree level,” Professor Ivan Parkin, Head of Department.
RSC accreditation provides students and employers with the confidence that they have achieved the standards necessary to be considered professional chemists.
This recognition also boosts the department's profile amongst a wider section of professionals, academics, students and the general public.