The EEC Executive Committee is responsible for the EEC, acting on behalf of its members to deliver the aims and objectives of the EEC.
The EEC Executive Committee was established in March 2020 following a consultation and nomination process involving members of the EEC. The EURO EWING Executive Committee (EEC-EC) is responsible for the EEC, acting on behalf of its members to deliver the mission, aims and objectives of the EEC.
To improve all outcomes including duration and quality of survival for people diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma in Europe
The Consortium will be responsible for development and maintenance of a strategy to strengthen, harmonise and optimise collaborative efforts by a network of clinicians, scientists and patient advocates working at a Pan-European level to achieve the Mission of the Consortium
- To promote clinical research for all patients with Ewing sarcoma in Europe
- To facilitate participation in clinical trials
- To promote collaborative translational research and biobanking in Ewing sarcoma
- To develop and promote new treatments for Ewing sarcoma
- To support involvement of patient advocates in all EEC activities
- To encourage multidisciplinary engagement in EEC activities by new clinicians, investigators, patient experts and all other potential stakeholders
- To develop relationships in support of the EEC aim with partners including but not restricted to investigators, funders, regulatory bodies, industry
- To undertake other activities in support of the Mission
The EEC-EC is chaired by Dr Sandra Strauss and supported by the deputy Chair, Dr Hans Merks.
EEC Executive Committee representatives
Professor Uta Dirksen
EEC Executive Committee Terms of Reference