The Organoid Platform provides support to researchers across the Cancer Institute and CRUK UCL Centre.
Our Organoid Specialist provides support to researchers including:
- 1-to-1 teaching of organoid culture methods to researchers
- Establishment of a new patient-derived organoid (PDO) derivation pipeline with UCLH to support translational research projects
- Supporting the development of novel organoid platforms on a project-by-project basis following CRUK UCL Centre committee approval
- Centralising the purchase, production, and distribution of common organoid culture reagents (e.g. Matrigel, conditioned media) to members of the Centre.
- 1-1 organoid culture training
- Training in basics of organoid derivation, culture and experimental set-up on colorectal cancer models (human or mouse organoid platforms)
- Review and help with preparation of protocols for novel organoid platforms and experimental proceedures with 3D models
- Derivation organoid pipeline
- Derivation and culture of organoids from patient’s healthy tissue and colorectal cancer tumour specimens
- Derivation and genetic manipulation of healthy and tumour organoid paired stroma and immune cells
- Centralised purchase and production of organoid reagents
- Purchase and distrtribution of commonly used reagents for organoid culture (e.g. Matrigel, recombinant protein growth factors)
- Production and distribution of WRN-contitioned media (Wnt-3A, R-spondin-1, Noggin)