About student use of the Bloomsbury Theatre, and how to apply
Each year Students' Union UCL societies present a fantastic range of high-quality events including musical theatre, jazz, opera, dance, film and TV. By working within a society to produce large-scale productions, students gain vital skills and experience through hands-on co-curricular training in a non-classroom setting, with the support of Bloomsbury staff. These experiences are vital for students' future job opportunities, personal development and developing communities and friendships.
The Bloomsbury also reflects a key aspect of UCL's core values as an accessible, publicly engaged organisation that fosters a lifelong community.
Bidding for Theatre & Studio use
Information for current Students' Union UCL Societies
There is a bidding process for applying for use. All applications by Clubs & Societies should be made via the Student's Union UCL. For more information about applying for this usage, please contact UCL Student Union Arts & Media Coordinator, Daniel Edge, at email@example.com.
For the 2023/2024 academic year applications, the deadline was 12 noon 17 March 2023.
For more information about how to run a UCL Student Union society event read the Bloomsbury Theatre guide for students (PDF).
- This usage is not free but it is heavily subsidised by UCL
- Applications must be received before the stated deadline
- The Bloomsbury Theatre backstage capacity is 80 (including society members and Stage Crew)
- UCL Student societies are allocated specific dates in the theatre & studio, spread through the academic year. See the Student's Union link above for more information
- Access is only between Monday - Saturday (no access Sundays/Bank Holidays/UCL College Closure days)
Our spaces and technical specifications
UCL Alumni and the Bloomsbury Theatre
Many UCL alumni's careers have directly benefited from their experiences at the Bloomsbury Theatre.
You can read more about some of these here.
The Bloomsbury Theatre is proudly owned by UCL, managed by the LCCOS: Bloomsbury Theatre team in the Library, Culture, Collections and Open Science (LCCOS) department and closely affiliated with Students' Union UCL.