The UCL Division of Biosciences is one of the largest and most active research environments for basic biological and biomedical research in the UK.
Research interests span the scales from molecules to organisms, including humans. We have particular Research strengths in structural and molecular biology, evolutionary biology, genetics, ecology, cell biology, development and neuroscience.
This research activity is an ideal environment in which to undertake a Masters level degree and with over 400 PhD and Masters students registered in Biosciences, a lively and exciting experience is ensured.
- What qualifications do I need to register for a Masters Programme?
To register for a Masters programme within UCL Biosciences you will require one of the following:
- A UK first degree in an appropriate subject, awarded with first or upper second-class (2:1) Honours
- An overseas qualification of an equivalent standard from a university or equivalent institution. Look up the degree equivalency information by searching for your country.
- Are there any Scholarships available?
There are a number of scholarships awarded through the College - please see the scholarship website and follow the instructions there. Choose the gradute taught option
Please also check the relevant programme page for specific funding available for your chosen course.
- I have independent funding - what can I do?
As long as you meet the minimum entry requirements, you are welcome to apply online and tick 'self-funding' in the funding section of the form:
Please complete an application form
- I am an overseas applicant, will my proficiency in English be tested?
If English is not your first language we will require evidence of proficiency in English. Full details about UCL's English Language Requirement.
If you are required to take an English test you need to pass it at the "Good" level.
- I'd like to visit UCL and find out more about the programs on offer
You are welcome to attend our annual Graduate Fair.
You are also welcome to contact the university any time and request to visit, contact details for each program can be found on the individual course pages.