The latest job opportunities here at UCL Biochemical Engineering
- Ref: B04-00259
- Hours: Full Time
- Salary (inclusive of London allowance): £38,308- £46,155
- Closing Date: 12 December 2022
The Cell and Gene Therapy Bioprocessing Group within the UCL Department of Biochemical Engineering focuses on addressing research challenges associated with the translation, manufacture and delivery of regenerative medicines and cell and gene therapies. Our core research is focus on expediting and accelerating the development, commercialisation and adoption of these therapies with the aim of making advanced therapies widely accessible. We believe that the translational and manufacturing challenges need to be addressed in order to make these therapies cost effective and are driven by this goal.
Pall Corporation is a filtration, separation and purification leader, providing solutions to meet the critical fluid management needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry. Pall works with customers to advance health, safety and environmentally responsible technologies. The company's engineered products enable process and product innovation and minimize emissions and waste. Pall Corporation serves customers worldwide. For more information visit www.pall.com
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A PhD awarded (or about to be) in a relevant subject. This may include Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, Virology, Cell Biology, Gene Therapy, Immunology or related disciplines.
- Experience of in cell line development for AAV and/or LV, therapeutic protein, antibody manufacture or cell and gene therapy development.
- Training and experience in working in cell process development including the use of bioreactors.
- Experience with cell characterisation assays including flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR and other relevant assays for AAV.
What we offer
As well as the exciting opportunities this role presents, we also offer some great benefits some of which are below:
• 41 Days holiday (27 days annual leave 8 bank holiday and 6 closure days)
• Additional 5 days’ annual leave purchase scheme
• Defined benefit career average revalued earnings pension scheme (CARE)
• Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
• Immigration loan
• Relocation scheme for certain posts
• On-Site nursery
• On-site gym
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
• Employee assistance programme: Staff Support Service
• Discounted medical insurance
Visit https://www.ucl.ac.uk/work-at-ucl/reward-and-benefits to find out more.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
As London’s Global University, we know diversity fosters creativity and innovation, and we want our community to represent the diversity of the world’s talent. We are committed to equality of opportunity, to being fair and inclusive, and to being a place where we all belong. We therefore particularly encourage applications from candidates who are likely to be underrepresented in UCL’s workforce. These include people from Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds; disabled people; LGBTQI+ people; and for our Grade 9 and 10 roles, women.
Our department holds an Athena SWAN Silver award, in recognition of our commitment and demonstrable impact in advancing gender equality.
For informal enquiries please contact Paula Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Further details on the Research Fellow in AAV Upstream Bioprocessing role and how to apply can be found here