Free online course: Transforming Urban Mobility
19 October 2020
Cities Introduction to Transport Planning for Sustainable Cities developed by UCL and GIZ/TUMI with the Futurelearn platform - with FREE access. Start: November 2nd, 2020
Mobility has become an integral component in all of our lives – transport allows us to access activities and to participate in life. But car-based mobility has many adverse impacts.
Discover how to develop more sustainable urban mobility strategies, using the Avoid- Shift-Improve framework.
Part I: Introduction to Transport Planning for Sustainable Cities
- WEEK 1: Introduction to the course
- WEEK 2: How does transport affect our cities?
- WEEK 3: The Avoid-Shift-Improve framework WEEK 4: Integrated urban planning and transport
Part II: Components of Transport Planning for Sustainable Cities
- WEEK 1: Travel demand management
- WEEK 2: Public transport
- WEEK 3: Walking, public space and cycling
- WEEK 4: Low emission vehicles
- WEEK 5: Decision-making process and participation