Integrating Sustainable Technologies into the Design Strategies of New Communities or Regeneration
24 September 2020
- Funding Body/Client: NSFC China and the British Council
- Project Partners: Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), China
- Collaborators: Tsinghua University, Nottingham Trent University, and University of Nottingham
- Start date: November 2020
- Status: Active
This “China-UK Researcher Links Workshop” on Integrating Sustainable Technologies into the Design Strategies of New Communities or Regeneration Projects provides opportunities for early career researchers from the China and internationally to interact, learn from each other and explore opportunities for building long-lasting research collaborations.
- PI: Jian Kang, University College London
- PI: Shen Xu, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Francesco Aletta, University College London
- Tin Oberman, University College London
- Dejan Mumovic, University College London
- Da Yan, Tsinghua University
- Hua Zhong, Nottingham Trent University
- Jian Ge, Zhejiang University
- Liu Yang, Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology
- Borong Lin, Tsinghua University
- Richard Bull, Nottingham Trent University
- Edward Cooper, University of Nottingham Ningbo Campus
The focus of this workshop is on integrating sustainable technologies into the design strategy of new communities or regeneration projects. The main objectives of the workshop are:
- To review contemporary research in the UK and China on sustainable technologies and understand different technologies design methods and their adaptability in communities.
- To share the current best practices of sustainable technology systems integration at the block level and district level for communities in the UK and China.
- To identify and tackle emerging challenges and discuss technological solutions and strategies in integrating different sustainable systems into urbanization development in China and Europe.
- To suggest further research directions about technological and policy development of sustainable systems integration for communities in the UK and China.
- To establish a China-UK Young Researchers Alliance for Sustainable Communities Development and provide a long-lasting platform for international and national collaboration.
- More information and application form